One of the easiest materials to laser engrave. Depending on the wood a deep engraving is possible.
- Wood engraving Almost all woods are suitable.
- Solid wood cutting Cutting of woods thicker than 5mm is usually not possible.
- Plywood Cutting and engraving up to 10mm
- MDF Cutting and engraving up to 6mm
Almost all metals can be marked directly with the fiber-laser. It’s not possible to engrave deep into metal. Very detailed and lasting marks can be made on the surface.
- Aluminium anodized High quality engraving with a white appearance is possible.
- Aluminium Engraving/Marking is possible.
- Stainless steel & steel A black marking is possible on most steel-based materials.
- Titanium Can be marked in a deep black.
- Copper/Brass/Bronze The surface can be marked.
Many different plastics can be cut and marked. On some materials a white marking can be done.
- Arylics(Plexiglas, PMMA) up to 10mm
- POM Can be cut and engraved in white
- Foils PET and Polyester, no PVC
Leather and textiles are well suited for laser processing.
- Leather Engraving and cutting
- Synthetic leather (PVC-free)
- Natural fibers (Cotton, Silk, Linen and more)
- Synthetic textiles (Nylon/Polyester) Laser cutting allow for a sealed edge
- felt, some foams and more
Paper and cardboard
Paper cuts and engraves fast and in great detail.
Many additional materials can be laser processed: The exact material type has to be known as we do not cut or engrave unknown materials
What is not possible
A few materials cannot be worked with. They might not react well to the heat of the laser or create toxic fumes during the process.
- All materials containing PVC (polyvinylchloride), for example many foils and synthetic leathers. Foamed PVC like Forex is also not possible.
- Cutting metals thicker than 0.5mm Machine is not strong enough, engraving/marking is possible on most metals.
- Polycarbonates (Makrolon, Lexan), Bad results
- Polystyrene- and polypropylene foam: Melts strongly during cutting, fire hazard.
- ABS: Bad results
- Carbon fiber Bad results for cutting and engraving.